Sometimes you are in need of a dessert, one that can be made without planning, something to soothe the sweet tooth. I think that the best solution then is a crumble. If you have any kind of fruit at home: apples, pears, plums, berries, anything, you can make a crumble. And it does take literally 30 minutes to prepare and bake it (of which 20 is spend in the oven). It doesn’t get any simpler, but still it’s incredibly satisfying.
Grape and Pear Crumble
adapted from Christophe Felder
For the crumble:
- 75 g flour,
- 30 g light brown sugar,
- 25 g granulated sugar,
- 75 g diced butter,
- 75 g ground almonds,
- 1 tsp. cinnamon,
- 2 pinches of salt.
For the filling:
- 4 ripe pears,
- 1 lemon, juiced,
- 30 g sugar,
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon,
- 1/4 tsp. coriander,
- 20- 30 red grapes (or as much as you have).
- Warm up the oven to 180 C.
- Put all ingredients for the crumble in a big bowl and rub them together with you fingers until they come together into a dough.
- Peel the pears and sprinkle some lemon juice over them. Cut them in half, core and cut each half into 3-4 long stripes.
- In a bowl combine sugar with cinnamon and coriander.
- Toss the pear slices in the sugar with spices.
- Divide the pears and grapes between 4 ramekins.
- Crumble the dough over the fruits.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.
Eat warm. Enjoy!